Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday.

I hate Mondays.
Not because of why everyone else does I assure you.
I hate Mondays because it means that school starts ten minutes earlier for me, and it's a complete and total pointless waste of a school day. I'm here for like two seconds and it's just super dumb. 

This weekend was interesting. 
Friday: I went to a Mooninite house show which was just fantastic. We danced, we shuffled, we got Todd Bordy to crowd surf. Although it was hilarious because the lip of the ceiling came down too low and he totally almost hit his head.
Saturday: I went to a Desert Noises house show which was super awesome. It was someone's birthday and so there was a secret show. Yada yada yada. It was great.
Sunday: NASCAR. The Daytona 500 to be exact. Though sadly, it was very rainy in Florida so it got cancelled. Supposedly it's happening tonight though which will be great. Then, we started watching the red carpet. I hope some of you saw it because of the Sacha Baron Cohen controversy. I don't know if you heard, but he was invited to the Oscars as long as he didn't show up in his dictator uniform from his new movie The Dictator. There was back and forth all week and his tickets were held for a few days until he said he wouldn't do it. Here comes the limo and.... BAM. 
 
Needless to say, people were INFURIATED. It was so wonderful. 
So, Ryan Seacrest being the great little host that he is interviewed 'The Dictator' as he made his way down the carpet. After explaining that the urn was actually full of ashes, he "accidentally" spilled them ALL over Ryan Seacrest.
Hahahaha! Ryan Seacrest was PISSED. Seriously one of the greatest red carpet moments ever. See all of the security guys in the back? Yeah.. the 'dictator' was swiftly removed from the carpet and not invited into the ceremony. Oh man. GREAT tv. 
Then, the show started. After politely laughing about Justin Bieber's appearance, we were a little ill at ease. Then, they did the montage of 'great movies' which included freaking TWILIGHT. I don't know about you, but Twilight should not get to be counted with movies like Titanic, Avatar, and all of the other actually good movies that they showcased. I was a little angry at that.
About 1/3 into the show, I get a phone call from my brother. "Not to alarm you, but there are about fifteen cop cars, a swat team, and one of those trailers that you put bombs in to blow up harmlessly around the corner." It was a little shocking to hear that just four houses down and around a corner was a bomb squad. My parents and I walked down the street trying to see what was going on. What we gathered were people suiting up. That's about it. I still don't know what really happened. Pretty crazy and kind of nerve racking.

Anyway, that was my weekend.

People are crazy.

This morning we had a fantastic show where we all did super good. I'm so happy with the outcome of the show. 
THEN. We just did a run through of Loghan's video. Pretty much I'd watch this movie. It looks pretty dang intense. I'm sure if I had read it from the beginning and had the character development, I would really like it. Good job Loghan. 

Sidenote: I'm going to DECA State this week and it's going to be super great. I wrote an 11 page paper last week and I'm going to see if I can make it to nationals. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Money. That is why Twilight is there. It is fascinating to see how a money manlike Sasha conflicts with tradition of the establishment. The longer he goes without a big movie hit the more he becomes irrelevant, if he makes money his shinanagins will be tolerated.

    ReplyDelete